Articles You May Find Interesting
Traditionally asparagus is served steamed with a heavy sauce. My favorite update to this dish that I think tastes superior and is more healthful? A quick roast at a high temperature and seasoning...
In today’s hectic world, it's easy to feel like you have too much on your plate. And unfortunately, the stress from our supercharged, accelerated lifestyles can trigger emotional eating patterns that...
There's that old joke that asks where a 200-ton elephant sits. (Anywhere he wants, of course!) Well, in a similarly obvious manner comes this week's cooking adventure. What do you do when you have 12...
Wow your friends and relatives during the holiday season with these easy-to-make Phyllo Appetizer Bites! Phyllo cups can be made up to a week prior, and filled before serving. Makes 24 shells total.
PHYLLO CUP INGREDIENTS:
PHYLLO CUP INGREDIENTS:
2 tablespoons Smart Balance® Original Buttery Spread
6 sheets frozen phyllo dough, thawed
3 tablespoons Smart Balance® Original Buttery Spread
2 tablespoons all purpose flour
1 cup Smart Balance® Fat Free Milk and Omega-3s
2 teaspoons instant chicken bouillon granules
¼ cup diced cooked turkey or chicken breast meat
2 tablespoons frozen green peas, thawed
¼ cup roasted red peppers
Dash cayenne pepper
1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley, optional
TO MAKE PHYLLO CUPS:
1. Preheat oven 350 degrees F
2. Place buttery spread in a small microwave safe bowl and cook on high setting 20 seconds or until just melted.
3. Work with one sheet at a time; keep the remaining sheets covered in plastic wrap or a slightly damp paper towel.
4. Brush one side of the phyllo very lightly with the Smart Balance® Buttery Spread.
5. Place one sheet of the phyllo on top of the just brushed phyllo.
6. Repeat until you have 4 sheets total.
7. Cut into 3 inch squares.
8. In a 24-cup mini muffin pan, place the 3 inch squares to fit the tin, pressing in the edges slightly.
9. Bake 5 minutes or until golden.
10. Remove from tin and cool completely.
11. Repeat with remaining phyllo squares.
TO MAKE FILLING:
1. Heat the Smart Balance® Buttery Spread in a medium skillet over medium heat.
2. Whisk in flour, slowly whisk in the Smart Balance® Milk and bouillon granules.
3. Bring to a boil, and continue boiling 1 full minute.
4. Remove from heat, stir in the remaining ingredients, except the parsley.
5. If desired, sprinkle parsley on top of phyllo bites.
Makes 24 filled shells total.
[Smart Balance addition] – Smart Balance estimates the following nutritional content for this user-created recipe:
Per serving (tart shell included in analysis):
1g saturated fat
0 grams trans fat
1g polyunsaturated fat
1g monounsaturated fat
75mg Omega-3 fatty acids
570mg Omega-6 fatty acids